Header

Fisher Photography Website Contact Fisher Photography Visit our Facebook page! Personal Gallery

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Old Days and Mally makeup...a two-part blog

Part One:
I placed an order with the Home Shopping Network (and let me assure you I have only done this like 3 times in my life). They asked for my email address...I hesitated (thought about my in-box being inundated with thousands of HSN promo emails) and said that I did not have one. So, 5 or 6 days go by and I am anxiously waiting for my order to arrive. I am starting to get concerned...I haven't received any emails from HSN...no order confirmations, no shipping updates...NOTHING! What if they lost my order, what if my order was never even processed--why haven't I received emails telling me with great detail every step that my order has taken from the time I hung up the phone with the nice lady from HSN to now. Then....it FINALLY dawns on me--I refused to give them my email address! THEN I realize there WAS a time before email, before in-boxes, when people used to wait for their shipments to arrive with every confidence--and no email confirmations. We were not notified when the shipment left, when it was expected to arrive, when it was delayed--we just went on blind faith that it would be delivered! Huh--imagine that, and my package came the next day! Wow--what a concept!

Part Two:
Now, about the package. Early one morning I went to the basement to fill the pellet stove. I clicked on the TV so Drew could watch PBS and the HSN channel was on...I heard things like: make-up, bullet-proof, no raccoon eyes...they had me at "hello." Needless to say, I ordered "mally" makeup--had no clue who the chick was/is--a makeup artist for the stars or something. Anyways I hesitated slightly, my little voice telling me I was a "SUCKER" if I dialed that phone number...but I muzzled the voice and dialed the phone. Had a nice lady talk me through the ordering process and several anxious days later (see above) my mally makeup arrived. I LOOOOOOOOVE it! And am sorry I didn't take them up on the offer to buy two more months supply at the same price. This make-up rocks! They even sent me an extra mascara and lip pencil to "share the love" which I did with my niece Brooke. It does everything she claims it will and more! A Holla' out to my girl Mally. (I don't normally "holla'" at anyone, but she deserves it!) LOL

1 comment:

  1. uh oh....once you start to holla, there's no turning back :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers