Header

Fisher Photography Website Contact Fisher Photography Visit our Facebook page! Personal Gallery

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cupcakes...

Photobucket


Let's just suffice it to say that I will never be watched on "Cupcake Wars." Drew wanted to make cupcakes the other day, so I rummaged around the cupboard, didn't find a box cake mix...decided we would look up a recipe online. I found one that sounded good and simple enough from scratch...Cream Filled Cupcakes! I proceeded to get out the ingredients, bowls, measuring cups/spoons, etc. We started to make the cupcakes (and I use the term "we" very loosely, since my boy decided I could handle the project on my own this time--even though it was his idea). I made the cake batter and attempted to pour/spoon/ladle it into the paper wrapper things. I believe it took me 10 minutes to fill 15 holes--and not one of them was the same height--and I don't know when it is half full or 1/4 full or 1/3 full once you start filling it up--who knows!? Once they were in the oven I began whipping up the "filling." Everything went fine with this except that I was interrupting my fellow baker's "show" with my loud beater. Cupcakes out of the oven--they did not bake evenly since, well, they were 15 different heights! Let them cool, went back to the "filling" and searched for something, anything--well there has to be something! I can use to poke a hole in the bottom of this dang cupcake and squeeze the filling in---but alas--there was not. So, filling became frosting and wo-lah! Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers